9.21.2007

Cats, birds, hail and pigs

I've been up in Spokane, WA for a couple weeks at my parents house. First things first, my parents cat, kiki decided to impress me by running into the house with a full sized bird in his jaws at 9am. Although impressed, i didn't want a bird, either bleeding all over my moms carpet, and/or flying around the house. So I brought the cat back out side, with the bird still proudly in his mouth, he tried to shoot back into the house, but I grabbed him again and he ran out to the garden where he dropped the bird, and waited for it to move around again, so he could bat at it. I thought it was dead.


I picked the bird up cause I didn't want the cat to eat it and get sick, then it started flapping its wings, and coming out of shock.

I took it over to a tree to see if it could survive and the cat was all excited and jumping all over my legs waiting for me to put it back down.

And miraculously it was fine.

this is cedric.

Abby loves to catch bugs, and this one was a goldmine.

A praying mantis. Later she set him free on a bush outside and said, "look uncle aaron, he's waving goodbye"

My mom saved some hail stones in the freezer from the last hails storm.

Hunting season

The male counterpart of the captured mantis.

Cedric again.

Yellow Jacket nest that i had to take out.


Couldn't figure out which shot i liked the best.

Dr. Dre, not very conspicuosly, dropping off some mail at the local post office in his Mirage.

Kiki loves to sleep.

Nothing like a little backlight to make any scene look great, even an old stationwagon and a yard full of pine needles.

More backlight.

Mom's garden.

1 Comments:

Blogger the perry project said...

Great stuff, I enjoy all the galleries.

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home