6.02.2009

Sorry for Technology

I was talking to Anthony this Sunday (here is his band) and we ended up talking about technology and where we stand, which is a very broad topic I know, but it seems like its not an uncommon conversation to be had these days. He ended up saying, he finds himself feeling sorry for old unused technology, like he need to swoop down and make it happy again. His band's next release is VHS only, of animations backing-up/going along with the new songs, its going to be AWESOME. That being said, my brain clicked that I was feeling the same thing, but dealing with photography. I had written off film for the most part, (not in general, just for myself) because the quality of digital, and the ease of working with the photos is so much quicker and controllable. But I could never get rid of my old cameras. My Nikon FE2, now lensless, because I sold them, Yashica TLR 120, Polaroid bigshot, Zeiss Ikon 120 foldout, Olympus stylus epic zoom 80, I just couldn't sell them. Jeremy just got a Leica and I shot some frames with it at a BBQ and I was hooked again.. the mystery is back!! Here is the photo of Lyla and Jeru that came from that click.
So I bought some new batteries for the old point and shoots, and am looking for a nikon manual focus 35 or 28 so i can bring a little slice of film back into my life.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuck yeah! I am hopeless with a camera and i have just gone back to film...got a Minolta x-700 and found a stash of film and have been learning bout composition cause when you got a digital you take 400 photos in the hope that one of them ain't a blurry pointless mockery. More to do with my guilt shakes than the technology though...vhs is the new vinyl...tomnation

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home